Autumn Review's Reviews > Meant to Be

Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill

Oct 10, 12

bookshelves: arc, review
Read from September 07 to 08, 2012

You know those books that just kind of make you feel good? Well, this was one of those books for me. I fell like I had a perma-grin on my face the whole time. And let me state for the record, I would have loved to have spent any spring break in London. How much fun is that?!?!

I really liked Julia from the beginning. She's just a likable character. She's driven to succeed in school and sports. She also have a very clear idea of what (or who) her future should look like. Julia's parents had a MTB and she's searching for her own. This trip to London has many meanings for Julia. Her parents spent time in London together and shared a lot of good memories there. So not only is she there for the experience with her school, but she's looking for pieces of her parents past.

As the trip starts, she is partnered with the class clown, Jason. He annoys her and she feels like he doesn't take anything seriously. Well, the more time they spend together, the more she learns that Jason may be more than he seems. I loved him. Their dialog was fantastic. The set up of the story was a bit predictable, but I really enjoyed seeing Julia and Jason interact and discover feelings for each other.

Overall, this book is simply just one of those really sweet, easy, fun reads. I'd recommend it to anyone. It's not only suitable for middle grade readers, but adults would enjoy the story as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant to Be.

09/07/2012
38.0% "cute"

message 1: by Ailurophile (new)

Ailurophile I've been searching for a feel good book. I feel like everything I pick up lately ends up doom and gloom!