Delilah's Reviews > Raven

Raven by Nuayma Jeggels

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, write-review, young-adult, language-english, stopped-reading
Read from March 14 to April 18, 2012

I got this book to review through the Read It & Reap project.

I admit that as I am writing this review, I have not finish reading the story. I also admit, that it will take me a really long time to actually do this. With a bit of luck the time from first page to last won't go to Tolkien-esque proportions. (As I mentioned in another review: Over ten years and I'm still at chapter six of the Fellowship of the Ring.)

That said, what I've managed to read was quite fascinating.

Yes, the story evolves a bit slow, but it's the kind of slow that makes one watch three hundred episodes of anime just to find out what happened to a paticular character from the first episode. I actually want to find out what happens next. It is just that I can only read maybe a page of the book every couple of weeks.

I like the magic, the technology, the whole mythology of the story.

This is a book to set on your bedside table and read a bit when other books don't find your fancy.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven.

03/20/2012 page 33 "Pseudo-Japanese warrior-monk Hogwarts with zombies... so far I like it."
03/21/2012 page 50 2 comments
03/21/2012 page 100 "The atmosphere remind me of the movie Legend with a hint of the Last Unicorn and Gungrave. Good stuff. Slow, but good stuff."
03/25/2012 page 120 "Why do I have the feeling that she is the daughter of a prominent Celestial?"
03/27/2012 page 124 "I still like the story, slow going as it is. Somehow though, I can't read more than a few pages in a go."
04/03/2012 page 134 "Still very interesting in the way very, very long manga/comic series are interesting. If only the book were easier to read while on the subway..."
show 1 hidden update…