Anita's Reviews > The Shack

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young

Sep 01, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: thought-provoking

I recommend The Shack, although sometimes hard to read (during the difficult and painful first two chapters) left me hopeful--and full of freedom which is nowadays exactly what I hope for when reading a theological work.

Some of the dialogue is a bit "predictable" -- but the greatest pieces for me happened within the large "sweeping" or systematic themes: a) God is full of grace and acceptance for all people, b) we too should be full of grace and acceptance for all people, c) God is fond of us, and d) There is a great sense of freedom in faith and along its pursuit.

I recommend reading-- knowing that some of the dialogue is a bit "traditional" -- but that overall, it breathes life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shack.

Melissa My mom just gave me a copy of this book. It really impacted her thinking. I hope to read it soon. I'm interested to hear what you think about it too.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Fortwendel Melissa,

We can chat about at our next luncheon. Look forward to it. I do think the author does a good job at "stretching" traditional theological thinking without necessarily breaking out of the parameters of the Evangelical Christian.