Lain's Reviews > Learning to Breathe: My Yearlong Quest to Bring Calm to My Life

Learning to Breathe by Priscilla Warner

Mar 09, 2012

Because I also have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for years, I was extremely interested to see if the author would find a way to "cure " her over active mind and adrenal glands. She's a terrific writer, and her experiences and journey gave me hope. But I wonder if those of us without her connections and resources can find similar peace?

I'm willing to give it a shot!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learning to Breathe.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Dear Lain -
Thank you so much for this lovely review. I'm truly honored.
Did you try downloading Belleruth Naparstek's guided imagery? Or Sharon Salzberg's meditation CDs? I just participated in a blogging/meditation challenge for Sharon's book, Real Happiness. She teaches in the NYC area and travels a lot to teach elsewhere, but there's nothing as lovely as having her whisper encouragement in your ear!
I wish you all the best, Lain, and thanks very much again for your kind words.
Priscilla

Lain Thank you, Priscilla! I have several of Sharon's books and have been working through those, and am going to check out the meditation CDs. I really enjoy her.

Your story truly gave me hope. Thank you for taking the time to write back. As a writer (and prolific reader) I know how rare that is! :)

Lain