Monica :)'s Reviews > The Selection

The Selection by Kiera Cass

Apr 13, 12

Read from April 06 to 07, 2012

I have to say that I started reading this novel completely blind and not expecting very much and finished it with much more than I ever though I would. :)

It felt like a futuristic princess story with a hint, okay maybe a lot, of romance. In The Selection we meet America Singer. A Five who has always learned to fend for herself along with her family through the arts. She's hopelessly in love UNTIL she's picked to be part of the Selection! Little did she know that she went completely focused on finding a way getting back home as soon as she could and get the money she needs for her family but she ends up finding something else. Friends, and love. What I love about America is that she never ONCE doubted who she was. She stayed true to herself and that, my friends, earns some serious points with me.

It's been a while since I have read about a love triangle and The Selection was definitely one that actually was a love triangle. All the drama, and especially the relationship with America and Aspen was just so entertaining and, of course, I already know what team I'm on. TEAM MAXON! Yes, I picked the prince but so what? He's incredibly kind and knows what he wants. The Selection will definitely leave it's readers, including me, wanting more. Wanting more the characters, more of America's world, and most importantly leaving us with a huge "What's going to happen next!?"

I know this novel has been compared to The Hunger Games and it should be. If you loved The Hunger Games and want to read something similar to it with a little more romance and less violence. The Selection is without a doubt . . perfect for you!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Selection.

04/06/2012 page 63
19.0% "Aspen, SCREW YOU!"