Rachel Marks's Reviews > Redemption

Redemption by R.K. Ryals

Apr 03, 12

Read in February, 2012

I found about this book from R.K. Ryals contacting me directly and asking me to review it on www.yanovelreader.com. I have to say I am so happy she did, because this book is amazing. From the beginning she draws you into the story and you are taken on a wild ride with Dayton trying to figure out what exactly is happening to her. I honestly sped through this book because I could not put it down.

The story itself is very unique. It is not your normal paranormal romance where a dark being is somehow attracted to a normal human girl. In Redemption, Dayton is completely thrown into a situation without her knowledge that forces her to realize her own strength. I love how throughout the book you see Dayton grow into such a strong woman that refuses to be a pawn for someone else’s game.

The romance in Redemption is a slow burn which I love, because it is realistic. In some YA Paranormal books the romance starts right off the bat and you are sometimes left thinking, well how the heck did they fall for each other so fast? In Redemption, Dayton and Marcas start off hating each other. As you keep reading though, you start to see little moments where their hate could turn into love which is why I kept reading despite the time of night.

Redemption is followed up by Ransom (review coming shortly). I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for page turning paranormal thriller. Seriously, I loved it!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption.