Kristy's Reviews > The Visitors: SEASON ONE (Episodes 1-5)

The Visitors by Logan Rutherford

Apr 13, 2012

bookshelves: apocalyptic-fiction, free-kindle-downloads, read-in-2012, science-fiction, zombies
Read in April, 2012

Whew. So much to say about this one that I don't even know where to begin. Let's start by saying it gets "Kristy's seal of approval." :P I ripped through this book at the speed of light; I seriously could not put it down. It was inconceivable to me to not finish it in one sitting, even though it's longer than my normal in-one-sitting books are.

This book starts off with a great sense of humor, not something you'd expect from an apoalyptic style book. The character of Charlie's mom had me laughing hysterically. I would say WHY, but no, just read the book and see for yourself. From that beginning, we get into the actual meat of the book when everything starts happening and life is flipped upside down on Charlie and his cousin. They end up fighting for their lives against the Grims, zombie-style aliens. There's a lot I could go into about everything that goes on from that point until the end of the book, but I refuse to ruin any surprises. Suffice it to say that the action NEVER stops, not for one second. The scene in the "mental hospital" totally freaked me out, the dorky interaction between Charlie and his cousin never failed to amuse me, and the ending phrase of "NOT the end" was well played. I really look forward to reading (should I say devouring) the next book in the series.

...OH!! And to top it all off, somehow the author manages to mention Lord Of The Rings, Chuck Norris, and Rambo all in this one book. That's three of my favorite things right there, so I was completely impressed! :P

Content rating: PG-13 (V) ... (V) Well duh; you can't really read a zombie/apocalypse/alien book that doesn't contain a ton of really intriguing kick-butt action.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Visitors.