Pamela / SpazP's Reviews > Riveted

Riveted by Meljean Brook

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from June 30 to July 02, 2012

This is a spoiler free review.
Riveted is the third book in Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series, and easily my favorite of the series, and most definitely one of my favorite reads of the year. I suspect it is going to be everyone's favorite in the series... no joke! While it is based in the same Iron Seas world, it is a completely new setting, Iceland, with new folklore and mythology. New characters, too! And oh how they simply shine. Annika and David both are so unique and strong in their own ways, and could not be more perfect for each other.

It didn't take long for me to realize that I was completely enamored of the hero and the heroine. They both are so different, eccentric, and are both completely smitten with one another from the start. I could not wait for them to meet up again, so I could get more of their interaction. The tension that builds between them is so sweet and engaging. I suppose you could say I felt like this was the most romantic of the books in that the two main characters are so in to each other from the start. Maybe it was just because I fell in love with each of them immediately that I feel that way, but regardless, I think this book is going to appeal to everyone.

My most favorite part of this book are the trolls!!! Giant mechanical trolls that each have their own look and personality, though they are person-driven. They added such a spectacular depth to the story, I hope they show up in more future Iron Seas novels.

Riveted can most definitely be read stand-alone, and oh how I recommend it! It you are new to the series, check this book out, it will definitely have you reaching for the backlist. Existing fans are going to devour this installment, it is simply superb in every way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riveted.

07/01/2012 page 1
0.24% "wheeee!!"
07/01/2012
24.0% "Completely smitten with the h/h <3 Smitten."
07/02/2012
49.0% "Easily becoming one of my favorite reads of the year." 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bree omg omg, read faster so I'll have someone to TALK about this book with!

Pamela / SpazP Bree wrote: "omg omg, read faster so I'll have someone to TALK about this book with!"

YOU ARE MY MAGIC CHARM :)

Bree I am naturally magical, it is true. Just, uhh, don't rub my foot for luck or anything. :D

Bree YAAAY you finished? Was I right or WAS I RIGHT?

Pamela / SpazP Bree wrote: "YAAAY you finished? Was I right or WAS I RIGHT?"

YOU WERE RIGHT!!! I am in love with these characters!!

Bree I are TEH SMARTEST. Okay, 2nd smartest. THIS BOOK IS TEH SMARTEST!

message 7: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Awesome, great review Pamela! I can't wait to read this one! :)

Pamela / SpazP ~V~ wrote: "Awesome, great review Pamela! I can't wait to read this one! :)"

Thanks, and omg you are going to love it!! :)

message 9: by Ani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ani Gonzalez Giant mechanical trolls! This sounds brilliant.