Sharon Roy's Reviews > The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World

The Wayfinders by Wade Davis

Jan 25, 15

bookshelves: around-the-world, historical
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from March 09 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I finished this on the bus in to work this morning, and only now have been able to grab a few minutes to write this review. This was a fascinating read that has, along with _The God Issue_ of New Scientist (published on 19 March 2012), confirmed some of what I already thought I knew about the role of religion in our lives, and has challenged some of my other assumptions, especially beliefs that up until now I tended to label as "superstition". I'll be reading both this book and the New Scientist issue again. And again.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wayfinders.

03/12/2012 "I'm about 13% of the way through this book, and really enjoying it. He's started off by looking at how humans migrated out of Africa, at genetic research which proves conclusively that there are no significant genetic differences between the races, and he introduces us to the peoples from which we all sprang, i.e., the San. I had no idea we'd figured that out! This promises to be a truly interesting read."

message 1: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Sounds like an interesting book Sharon.

Sharon Roy Sue wrote: "Sounds like an interesting book Sharon."

It was, and now I want to read more!

message 3: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue I've added it to my extremely overgrown TBR. My list has mushroomed with the coming of the "52" group. So many new and different books.

Sharon Roy I know what you mean. Mine's become something of a neverending list as well! So many books, so little time! ;-)

message 5: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue But that time will be filled with great reading, won't it!