Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Wow, the conclusion to this series seriously rocked everything down to its core, I think. Mockingjay, hands down, has to be the saddest out of the whole series. With Catching Fire ending on such a huge cliffhanger, this book picks up where it left off. With the help of Haymitch, Finnick and some of the other older victors, Katniss is thrust right into the actual heart of the rebels.

It was awesome getting to see how the rebels have ingrained themselves so deep into the Capitol and its missions. I loved seeing Katniss take on such a huge role in becoming the Mockingjay. I admit I thought she was a bit too selfish in this book compared to others but I still had fun reading about what she got herself into and the people willing to risk their lives for her. Peeta wasn't in this one as much as he was in the previous two books and for that I was sad. But the scenes he was in had my heart breaking. I just love that boy so much. We do see a good amount of Gale, Finnich, Johanna, Plutarch and Beetee, though, which I really enjoyed because they are all very different people.

Again, this one wasn't as suspenseful as the first book was (although the last quarter or so had me almost biting my nails) but I was just as fascinated with it as I was the previous two. I loved seeing everything work itself out and seeing Katniss finally realize and do something about the people using her.

Consistent with the rest of the series, a lot of people are lost in this one which is why I consider it the saddest out of the three books. But the ending was just about perfect, in my opinion. Although, I would have liked to have a bit more explanation on Katniss and her life after everything is settled. I will say that I'm ecstatic with who she ends up with!

Even though this is the last in this series, I still hope there will be more one day about Katniss and the rest of the clan. I would really love to know how the new society is thriving and what the next generation has to come.

This is one series I wholeheartedly recommend!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

03/26/2012
1.0% 1 comment
03/26/2012
23.0% "No Cinna :( I so sad" 1 comment
03/27/2012
28.0% "ROFLMAO. Poor Boggs. First he gets kicked in the face by Gale then he gets puked on by Katniss."
36.0% "Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeta! :'-("
03/27/2012
50.0% "Noooooo.... Peeta :'("
03/27/2012
64.0% "I love this softer version of Johanna. If you can even call it softer LOL"
68.0% ":O"
80.0% "No! No! No! Why?!?" 1 comment
89.0% "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"
100.0% "Done :("

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana These are SO GOOD!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* HC told me I had to read them. Going to read first one with Ang I think

message 3: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana Nikyta wrote: "HC told me I had to read them. Going to read first one with Ang I think"

Good stuff

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess I dont know if I should read them, I am scared they will suck and I will be the only person left in the world who is disillusioned hahaha

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Well, you'll never know if you're disillusioned or not unless you try them. Just remember they aren't really a romance.

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess My fave genre is Urban Fantasy which is not really that romantic so I think I will enjoy these :)

I also enjoy young adult books (ive even read twilight cause my niece threatened me lol)

I dont know if I should read them and then go see the movie or watch the movie and then read the books? ugh!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Well I personally would read the books first

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess Ok hun - you convinced me :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I hope you like them, Jess! But if you don't, I wouldn't feel so bad cuz not every book is for everyone! Even the popular ones :)

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess They will have to wait a week or two anyway :D

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Well, good! I'm curious what you will think about them :)