Amiee's Reviews > Spin

Spin by Catherine McKenzie

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: where-are-you-reading-challenge, 2012
Read in March, 2012

Sometimes you want something light...but not so light that its mindless. I read someone's review of Spin and knew this was exactly the book I was looking for!

Katie Sandford has just gotten an interview at her favourite music magazine, The Line. It's the chance of a lifetime. So what does she do? Goes out to celebrate - and shows up still drunk at the interview. No surprise, she doesn't get the job, but the folks at The Line think she might be perfect for another assignment for their sister gossip rag. All Katie has to do is follow It Girl Amber Sheppard into rehab. If she can get the inside scoop (and complete the 30-day program without getting kicked out), they'll reconsider her for the job at The Line. Katie takes the job. But things get complicated when real friendships develop, a cute celebrity handler named Henry gets involved, and Katie begins to realize she may be in rehab for a reason. Katie has to make a decision -- is publishing the article worth everything she has to lose?

A bit of the fluff with a serious subject matter. I finished this book in 24 hours. Once I started reading, I really liked Mckenzie's writing style so I couldn't put it down. It reminded me a bit of Emily Griffin (whose books I love!). I liked the way Katie evolved, how surprised she was to learn things in rehab....like many friends and family didn't blink when they found out she was there! I even liked Amber (although there was very little character development for her).

This is an easy, nice read...perfect for a lazy weekend or beach!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spin.

03/10/2012 page 91
21.0% "Loving it so far! Wanted something light to read because I had received a bit of bad news and this is totally fitting the bill!"