Cherryonion's Reviews > Hidden

Hidden by Kelley Armstrong

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from March 09 to 14, 2012

I'm very sad that Kelley Armstrong will no longer be writing stories with the characters from the Otherworld series of books. They've been excellent and the stories are always gripping and funny and full of action and adventure. This story follows my favourite characters, the werewolves, as they (Elena and Clay) go on a Christmas vacation with their twins. I've been wanting her to write a story about the twins since they were born, but they've only been mentioned briefly until now. We finally get to experience the family dynamic and learn what the twins are like. It's a shame she won't be taking the characters further, but at least we get one story, even if it is quite short. Elena and Clay are on vacation with the kids when they come across a mutt that's acting a little nervous. They reluctantly get sucked into researching him and find out he has a brother and some people had gone missing and died mysteriously recently. A confrontation inevitably ensues and is swiftly resolved. The story itself isn't very original or surprising, but she writes her characters so well that I'm just happy to follow them along on their adventures. The banter is always well written and the characters are never boring. It was also really interesting to see how she has developed the twins and the wolf-like characteristics that they both share. Elena and Clay are not supposed to be sure if their kids will become werewolves, as there's never been a female werewolf before and the gene is usually passed to the males only, but I think it's pretty obvious both of them will turn when they're older. If Kate doesn't (the daughter), then she still won't be normal as she's already displaying super hearing, smell and intuition. It's a fun dilema to play with though and I like that the twins both know their parents 'smell' things before they see them etc., but just don't understand what that means yet. I hope she'll return to the characters at least one last time to let us know for sure, but even if she doesn't, I have no doubt that the next batch of characters she writes will be just as excellent. I will miss my beloved werewolves though.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden.