Dani's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Feb 13, 13

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy, fiction, guilty-pleasure, sci-fi-supernatural, suspense-mystery, steampunk
Read in March, 2012

"Dandelion fluff upon a spoon" - a term used to describe a floating dirigible owned by a rather dandy of a Victorian vampire in this 5th/latest book of the steampunk "Parasol Protectorate" series. And it pretty well applies to the book series as a whole. These books are some of the most entertaining fluff I've ever read/listened to... and I just LOVE them. I bought the first audio book because it was on sale for $5, and I struck gold. Love Love Love these books... and now I have to wait until Fall 2013 for the next fluffy spin-off series to come around...?!? Boo. The books are a bit like... if Downton Abbey had vampires and werewolves... and steam powered, mechanical contraptions that would have made both Q and Inspector Gadget proud... only set in Victorian London for the most part... with a great deal of emphasis on proper tea and treacle tarts. It totally cracks me up. Much more witty and fresh than you'd think in this era of vampire/werewolf overload... and, it you listen to the audio series, the reader is FANTASTIC... I Love her voice and characterization!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.