Deeze's Reviews > Inherit the Sky

Mar 09, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: read-with-friends
Read from March 09 to 11, 2012

For me this was more a 2.5.

The blurb was misleading for me. The gentle story of Caine and Macklin was nice but not very compelling. I enjoyed reading about Macklin's struggle to come out, and there were times I wanted to tell Caine to stop being so pushy, but mostly I was just waiting for the story to get to the point.

The last quarter of the book felt like a big let down.(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inherit the Sky.

03/10/2012
33.0% "The use of Pup when refering to a 32 year old man is kinda anoying me." 3 comments
03/10/2012
50.0% "Half way, but now I need sleep."
05/04/2016 marked as: read

Candice Well at least we tried.

Deeze We did, and we will keep trying lol. So what do you have picked out next?

Candice That's what I was just trying to figure out. Any suggestions? Really don't know what I am in the mood for. Have you picked out anything?

Deeze No I was just looking through some old ones to see if any jogged my memory of wanting to read, but ended up trying to organize them instead lol.

Candice Deeze wrote: "No I was just looking through some old ones to see if any jogged my memory of wanting to read, but ended up trying to organize them instead lol."

I know how that is. I have so many that it just makes it hard to decide. I was trying to get them organized, but that didn't work too well either. I may just read some shorts reads until something jumps at me.

message 6: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Hmm whens our next group read and who is going to suggest it lolol!

message 8: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Deeze wrote: ""

message 9: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Dee! me!

Deeze Monika wrote: " Dee! me!"

message 11: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Oh stop being chickens!!

message 12: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Who's chicken you're hiding in a hole!!!!

message 13: by Anke (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anke Hey - if I may pipe in, how about Kamikaze?

message 14: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Anke that sounds great lol.....Monika I have tried suggesting group reads before hmmmm its someone else turn DEE!!

message 15: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Yes Dee should choose, I'm easy and I stupidly suggested Junction X should be a group read and we all want to wait on that one for a while right?

Deeze Anke wrote: "Hey - if I may pipe in, how about Kamikaze?"

Is that a Title? By who?

message 17: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Dee you will love it.....

Deeze Sounds interesting. I haven't read any Jay Bell, but I've heard good things about him.

Candice I'll go with whatever everyone else wants to read.

message 21: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika I'll just sit back and wait!

Deeze Make sure you got a drink Monika, this can take a while lol. None of us like making a final decision

Candice

Pull up a chair Monika.

message 24: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika No problem, I have to finish....ummm what the heck am I reading? oh ya! The Rebuilding Year. *lol* need to give my head a shake!!!

Deeze Oooooh Candice got new smilies

message 26: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika I like those smilies! Hey, where did you get them? I need a chair and a drink.....

Deeze Candice? You holding out on us?

message 28: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Dee do you think the tears will work? Oh Dee we had to change our dumb clocks, god I hate that, but now we only have 7 hours difference between us!

Candice Deeze wrote: "Candice? You holding out on us? "

Deeze Monika wrote: " Dee do you think the tears will work? Oh Dee we had to change our dumb clocks, god I hate that, but now we only have 7 hours difference between us!"

I don't know Monika, but we can try

I hate that time change thing. It takes me forever to remember and by the time I do, they change again lol.

Unfortunately its nearly 12 and I've already been told to get to bed, so I will see you all tomorrow I hope. Say goodnight to Anna for me.

Deeze Candice wrote: "Deeze wrote: "Candice? You holding out on us? "

I am trying to find the stupid link again. I thought I had bookmarked it and when I went to get the link for you guys, I can't find it."

Your a good friend Candice. See you later, Night

Candice Night Dee - sleep well. Talk to you tomorrow.

message 33: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Goodnight Dee, talk to you tomorrow!

message 34: by Deja (new) - rated it 3 stars

Deja Dei I agree with you completely.