Teric Darken's Reviews > Mark of the Seer

Mark of the Seer by Jenna Kay

Mar 09, 2012

Meet Clarity Miller: Just your typical teenage girl enduring the ho-hum grind of high school and working a menial job in the tiny town of Garlandton. Raised by her aunt, A.C., of whom she rarely sees, life drags on as one perpetual loop until Clarity's world is rocked forever by an angel named Sam. Having received strange "tattoos" on her hands, and a heightened sense of looming evil, Clarity struggles with the knowledge that her life will never be the same.

Author Jenna Kay does a brilliant job with character development, dialogue and scene portrayal: From the snobbish antics of the too-cool-for-school Daria; the romantic interludes between Clarity and her boyfriend, Brenton; to the antics happening at high school parties and school dances, the pages took me back in time to a world I once knew called "High School". The author also paints a sobering scene at the high school dance through a nefarious character named Nick. The event is sure to hit home with those who have endured or are aware of the potential traumatic violence happening in today's school systems.

Through all the ups and downs in this young adult realm, Clarity has been chosen to be a Seer: one who has been gifted with deeper insight into the spiritual realm, and of whom is now responsible for warning others of the supernatural maelstrom swirling around them. Not only did I read the book - I felt the book. Jenna Kay hit the nail on the head. Mark of the Seer hits right on the mark.

Teric Darken
Author: KILL FM 100 (Night Shift Edition)/Wickflicker
<><+><>

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark of the Seer.