Lizzie's Reviews > Till Dawn with the Devil

Till Dawn with the Devil by Alexandra Hawkins

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: favorite-romances-historical

Book two in a the Lords of Vice series, TILL DAWN WITH THE DEVIL is one of those rare blends of sweet, sexy, funny, suspenseful, and likable. The heroine is never TSTL (Too Stupid To Live), and the hero doesn’t cruelly seduce her for his own benefit outside of marriage, ruin her reputation, and then be pig-headed about “not wanting to commit." Plus, the villain's sinister, unexpected, and awesomely dangerous. Not to mention crazy.

The book follows Lady Sophia, a young noble woman enjoying her Season in London, despite the fact that her two brothers–-also her caretakers-–are less that attentive. Oh and one little thing, Lady Sophia is blind. Or partially blind as a result of a almost-deadly blow to the head she suffered when she was six the night both her parents were shot and killed.

Drama.

Then in sweeps our hero, Gabriel “Reign” Housely, the Earl of Rainecourt. A man devoted to vice and sin, Reign suffered one short-lived and ill-fated marriage in his youth, and with the mysterious death of his unfaithful wife, he vows never to marry again. Obviously he does not keep that vow. From the first moment Reign sees Sophia at a ball, he knows he wants her. Even after he finds out her true identity, cause guess what? Reign and Sophie’s families have a little bad blood there. Dun dun dun.

Read it. There are some twists and turns and fun little happenings that I just can’t get into but all I have to say was that I loved it. A whole lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Till Dawn with the Devil.