Marsha's Reviews > The Voice New Testament

The Voice New Testament by Anonymous

7022006
Mar 09, 12

Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy

Before I write anything I must admit that I am addicted to bibles. I love reading different translations and comparing them with my trusty old New King James. At last count I have at least 10 bibles (hard covers) different translations of course and about three translations on my Kindle and four on my computer. So when I had the opportunity to read a new bible translation I eagerly grabbed it.
Thomas Nelson’s newest bible is called “The Voice” and it is great! After reading the in Preface and viewing a few of the other books I dived into the book of Hebrews. I chose Hebrews because I am currently taking a class on the book of Hebrews and I wanted to know how it would compare not only to what I have read but what my instructor was teaching. This is an excellent translation, it is understandable, it does not take away from the majesty of the King James version and it flows nicely. The comments found were not so complex that if this was your first time reading the bible it would not be over bearing.
Because I received the New Testament translation, the complete book has an expected release date of April 2012, I could not check out Proverbs or any of the Psalms however I looked at my favorite verse Matthew 6:33 and John 1:1-4. What I think The Voice does for the word of God is amplifies His message. In a few months I will have 11 bibles.
I recommend The Voice not only to new believers but those who love the word of God.
I received a complimentary copy of The Voice from Book Sneeze in exchange for an honest review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Voice New Testament.