Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > Fall For You

Fall For You by Cecilia Gray

Mar 30, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from March 27 to 28, 2012

I enjoyed this book a lot. I read it every free chance I had. This book is a fresh take on the wonderful classic, Pride & Prejudice. It was a quick read that made me laugh, made me anxious to see what would happen next and see how things would work out.

I could definitely see the parallels between the two books and I can honestly say that I felt the anxious question throughout while reading this book as I did while reading Pride & Prejudice: Will Lizzie (Elizabeth Bennett) and Dante (Mr. Darcy) really end up together? Or will their pride and perceptions of each other get in the way?

Lizzie is a smart and ambitious junior at Jane Austen Academy ready to room with her best friend, Ellie. Lizzie is a great play on Elizabeth Bennett. Both smart, witty, and quick to jump to conclusions before she finds out all of the facts. When the room assignments are switched, I was surprised that Lizzie took another path. When I read this first part of the book, I kept wondering why Lizzie would walk away from her best friend. And as the book progressed, I wondered why Ellie and Emma became so close. (I am anxious to see if this explored in later sequels!) And I kept wanting to tell Lizzie that she brought the anger she felt upon herself.

I enjoyed the plot of this book...the new ownership of Jane Austen Academy and the renaming of their beloved, once all girl school. What I didn't quite get was why Lizzie was worried that Dante was going to take her one admittance to Georgetown University...isn't she a junior? Doesn't she have another year before she has to worry about that? I guess that just helped fuel her prejudice against Dante.

I will definitely be reading more books by Ms. Gray! (I can't wait to read the rest of this series!)

Would I recommend it: If you love young adult books and Jane Austen retellings, then you should definitely read this book!

Will I read it again: I probably won't. It was a great book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will read the other books in the series, but I don't know that I will read this one again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall For You.