Sandi's Reviews > Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America

Demonic by Ann Coulter

Mar 09, 12

Read in March, 2012

It's nearly impossible to find an honest review of an Ann Coutler book. Either you rabidly hate her or you love her. I'm in neither camp and tried to read this book with an open mind. What I liked best was the history contained within, in particular the disection of the French Revolution, the Civil Rights movement and the Central Park Rape. I think the she did a good job of examining these events and how mob mentality shapes violence.
What I didn't particular care for was how she plucked statements from LeBon's orignal work --the basis for her thesis-- and then went looking for bad behavior to support them. I also grew weary of the sarcasm. (There are plenty of reasons to distrust and question the Michael Moore, so could we all agree to leave the man's weight out the discussion?)
Coulter wrote this book pre-Occupy Wall Street. If there is a second edition of "Demonic" I'm sure the OWS movement will provide ample sources for her to say "I told you so."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demonic.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lynne I'm reading it now and while the book does have a lot of details/facts, I'm growing tired of all the snark.