Chana's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Nov 20, 12

bookshelves: action-thriller, mystery-psychological, mystery-fiction-serial-killer, mystery-thriller
Read on March 09, 2012

Quite good, better than Girl with a Dragon Tattoo although that was also very good. The first half of the book seemed predictable, as are most of the genre of sexually twisted serial killer books. I was even sure I had read the book before through the first chapters. Then about 1/2 way through I found out that things I had assumed were simply not true and that the whole book was different than I had thought. From that point on I could not put the book down. I was again quite taken with the main characters, as I was in the first book. I am def going to try to get hold of the 3rd book.
So in this one Salander has been out of the country for about a year. When she comes back and is just getting herself settled and trying to repair neglected relationships (except with Blomkvist whom she is irrationally upset with) that is when a couple who are investigating the sex trade business (what else) are murdered. Guess whose fingerprints are on the gun? Salander, and soon there is an all out hunt for her, she is portrayed as a mentally ill crazy killer. Is she? Or is it someone else? Read and see. Really a very very good mystery thriller.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.