Jennie's Reviews > The Twelve

The Twelve by Justin Cronin

Dec 15, 12

bookshelves: post-apocalyptic, series, library, 2012, horror
Read from November 13 to 26, 2012

I loved this book. I was a little apprehensive that this book would have some story gaps like in 'The Passage'. Justin did a fabulous job of filling all those little cracks in the story that were left unanswered in ‘The Passage’. This really cemented this book as very solid piece of work. There were definitely times I wish I had re-read or at least skimmed parts of ‘The Passage’ to refresh my memory of some of the characters. I sometimes was a little lost or had a hard time remembering a certain character’s story since the story pretty much picks up where the other one left off.

I thought the prologue was very clever. It was a kind of scripture that was a recap of the events from the Passage. There were characters from the first book along with some new ones. Justin did a wonderful job of fleshing out the characters and I felt very invested in them. The fact that I had some spare time during vacation to read this book really sucked me in. I thought that I would put a good dent in the book during that time and ended up finishing it. It just seemed like Justin had a running film in his head, as how every character and every event would happen.

I admit that there were a few minor things that weren’t perfect. The book is 560 pages and at times the book dragged. I couldn’t really tell if those parts were absolutely necessary but I may have felt robbed if it wasn’t part of the book. There was a part toward the end that felt a little far-fetched but I think it was because I had a different scenario in my mind.

He wrapped up the book well so I’m not sure what will be left in his third book but I will be picking that one up as well. I felt that WOW when I finished this book so a definite 5 stars on this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twelve.

11/19/2012 page 100
11/25/2012 page 510
89.0% "Oh man! This book is so awesome. Good thing I had this long weekend to read it"
show 2 hidden updates…