Maria's Reviews > Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls by Jessica Sorensen

Mar 09, 2012

bookshelves: vampires
Read from March 30 to 31, 2012

This book has been given to me by the author to review it.

It’s good to see that there are some unique books out there! “Darkness Falls” by Jessica Sorensen is the first book in the Darkness Falls series and I have to say that I enjoy it very much! What I found unique in this book is that the story is both dystopian and about vampires. I love a good dystopian story and if it has some vampires also, even better! So, this book takes 4.5 stars because I enjoy it and not because it has been given to me by the author!

“Darkness Falls” is a very fast-paced book with a lot of characters in it. Although the plot is great, I have to admit that I would love more details about the story. Sometimes, I was shocked about a revelation and some others I was confused because there were a lot of information without a lot of details. Nevertheless, the author has create a very unique and promising world that I would love to explore some more!

All the characters in this book have an importance and that was one of the best parts of this book. Kayla, is a young girl who lives like an adult in a way. Why I am saying this? Because she’s unique and very mature. She thinks she knows everything about her life but then she learns the truth. She’s brave and strong and she doesn’t go crazy when she realizes that something is wrong. She’s staying focus all the time and she’s a survivor.

I don’t want to tell about the other characters in the book, because I will not avoid spoilers, but I really have to tell you that little Maci is by far my favorite. Also, I have to admit that Aiden and Sylas, are two of the best male characters in that kind of series and I can’t wait to see their development.

I also have to say that this book was like I was watching an action movie sometimes! Full of adventure and twists it sure keeps the interesting all the time. I truly believe that this is very nice for all those who like a good story!

Finally, I think that is a very promising start to a new dystopian series and I’m looking forward for the next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Falls.