Jenna's Reviews > Beautiful Redemption

Jan 25, 13

bookshelves: anticipated-2012, on-my-ebookshelf-already
Read from January 21 to 23, 2013

Review also found in: Coffee, Books and Me

After months of trying to dodge the inevitable-reading the last of the Beautiful Creatures novel, I finally finished it. The past few days has been a whirlwind of goodbyes for me, goodbyes for the series I've read and loved for the past years. One quote was right when it said whenver a book series ends, every reader feels like his/her heart has a hole. And that's what I feel right now, that something is missing. I am happy for the book to end, and for everyone to have their happy endings, but I'm also sad because it has finally ended. Contradictory but true.

Beautiful Creatures is the first YA series I've read wherein I loved the male POV narration. I loved HP and Percy Jackson series, but they were more of the middle grade genre. Ethan Wate is like no other. His genuine kindness and honesty made me adore him. Plus the history of their little town, Gatlin, is so rich and deep, and I learned more about the civil war because of this book. Give that I'm not feom the Us, so it wasn't part of my education before.

Beautiful Redemption is a perfect title for an epic series ender. Somehow, the word "redemption" encompasses a lot heavy meaning behind it, and after everything that has happened in this series, Lord knows how much saving their town and each of their characters need. I don't know what I expected from BR, but it wasn't this. What Ethan went through had some sort of a road to saving grace theme. Seriously. Each character were at their best, and I did not find any of them the least irritating. The way where the plot went was so unprecedented I just found myself turning the page over and over until the end.

In the end, the acknowledgement said Maggie and Kami's gratitude to the readers, the fans. But the truth is, thank you Kami and Maggie for sharing this wonderful story about family and town and long-hidden secrets, the beautiful creatures (that is mortals) and most especially love, how to love and how far one does for love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Redemption.

01/21/2013 "I'm excited to start. Been holding off this book since it came out! Haha"
01/23/2013 page 207
45.0% "Halfway there.. Almost, at least. :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pahila just read your review about BR. Well, it gives me some insight on what to look forward in this series. I hate to say this, i just finished reading the 1st book. Though I don't understand some parts of the last chapter, I'm still looking forward to reading the second book. and I'm happy to hear that this series is narrated through Ethan's POV.

Jenna yes! reading it from Ethan’s pov changes everything. hope you’ll like the other books of the series as well :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pahila we'll see. finals exams are coming. :((

Jenna Dooh. After exams then. :)

message 5: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pahila Yeah. And that would be on the fourth week of march :((((

Jenna One month to go!

message 7: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pahila haha.. optimistic. :))

Jenna Yes! Haha