Adam's Reviews > Matilda

Mar 09, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: eced-221
Read in March, 2012

Matilda is a book about a young girl who comes from a family tha does not take care of her. She has to teach herself everything she knows, and discovers that she can move things without having to touch them. As the story goes on, you find out about her principal that abuses the students. In the end the pricipal has been rid of and Matilda is adopted by her teacher. Beacuse Matilda is able to move things with her mind, this book is obviously a fantasy. Even though the author did not pay to much attention to the setting of the book, he did put a lot of effort into the characters. He descrided them in great detail, and made sure that each one was understood. This book also shows that even though Matilda had a hard life at first, she never gave up and eventually it got better. For this being the first time I read the book, I did not know what to expect. I ended up enjoying the book and believe this would not be a bad book for the classroom. It teaches the students to never give up hope. That things may get worse before it gets better. I would definitely read this book to my students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matilda.