Fani's Reviews > Rake with a Frozen Heart

Rake with a Frozen Heart by Marguerite Kaye

Sweet, tender, heartwarming and a joy to read; Do I really need to write anything more?

There are few thing to say about Rake with a Frozen Heart; it's certainly not an original plot. The rakish, brooding lord of the ton and the shy, plump governess, have been done ad nauseum by many romance writers. And yet, this book manages to remain fresh, fast paced and very, very engaging with its extremely likable if (or perhaps because of those) imperfect heroes, the mystery plot that to my delight wasn't too thin nor too heavy, and the well balanced -between stark and flowery- writing. The only reason I had to take half a star down, is because of the ending; I would certainly prefer it if not all obstacles were so miraculously removed eventually.

If it's been a while since you last read a good, old fashioned historical romance, that manages to captivate your emotions not with its twists and turns but with its smooth writing, its atmosphere and its nicely developed characters look no further.

ARC received by NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rake with a Frozen Heart.

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Sounds good Fani!

Fani Oh, it was very good Scully! I read a lot of BS in HR lately and this one really cheared me up:)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Great review, Fani.

Fani Thanks Kristen!