Maggy's Reviews > Lessons in Truth

Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady

Mar 09, 12

Read in March, 2012

The first time I read this book back in 2000 I found it quite hard going and, as I was reading it as part of a study project I really read it to quickly. But I was very drawn to some of the statements and views about faith and put a whole raft of Emilie's affirmations up on my bedroom wall. I would read them to myself every morning.

At the time I had just returned from a 'failed emigration' to the USA and was working in a pub kitchen to make the rent. I'd been a TV presenter so this was a bit of a difficult time.

Within three months I had won a contract to start up an holistic health internet company - and my husband of eight years had left me. Was it this book? Not absolutely of course but it certainly influenced me deeply and I started to look for opportunities again and to return to the confident self that I had once been.

Now, 12 years later I am revisiting it and I find it transformational. I've managed to hold on to my husband of seven years while reading it (!) and my eyes are being opened to new opportunities again. It came back into my life at the perfect moment.

I have memorized quite a few of the 'denials and affirmations' and use them to start my working day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons in Truth.