Pamela's Reviews > Someone Like You

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from March 08 to 10, 2012, read count: 1

This is the perfect example of a young adult book. No mythical creatures, or other supernatural beings. Just plain human beings who try to live out their lives as best they could.

Honestly, I wasn’t so sure if I would have finished this book. I just felt that it was too irrelevant in my life. However, before I knew it, I was on the last page, feeling a bit dizzy, and overwhelmed, and I was done. I did feel that there was something unsolved at the end of the book but I think it’s just me.

I did feel like something in the beginning of the story was a bit wrong, unrealistic really. I got over it soon enough but there it was again at the end. It’s barely noticeable, but if you pay attention to details a lot, you’ll find it.

I learned a lot from this book, like how friends really don’t get along that well, and how my irritable nature is what makes me hate my friends.

So, I recommend this book to anyone. As, I’ve said, I didn’t think I would like this but I did. I had different expectations from what actually happened in the book but these events were as good as any. I was kind of expecting what had happened in the end…I guess foreshadowing was in action in a very subtle way.

One last thing, did you know I traded studying to read this book? I just couldn’t stay away from it, although I did sleep this afternoon because I was tired from all those waking-up-early-in-the-morning-for-school days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone Like You.

03/09/2012 page 69
03/09/2012 page 69
25.0% "95"
03/09/2012 page 123
44.0% "Didn't know normal things like the events in these book was all I needed to make me...calm and happy-ish. :)"
03/09/2012 page 162
58.0% "heart-pounding in action... Eep! -_-"
03/09/2012 page 163
58.0% "you just have to know when it's time to give your body and eyes some rest."
show 1 hidden update…