Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > The Ripple Effect

The Ripple Effect by J.A. Saare

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, vamps, necromancers, paranormal, romance, sassy-heroines, hawt-heroes, adult, awesome-heroines, demons, intense-as-all-hell, august-december-reading-challenge
Read from August 13 to 15, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Wow! This book in the series is the best yet and has reminded me as to why I got addicted to it in the first place. Like Jaime says in her acknowledgments at the end of the book, please don't pirate her work. We won't to see a true conclusion to the series someday, yes? Then make sure that you're doing your part to keep the series going by buying the books.

Now, all of that said, I just don't know where to begin with this review. So very much happened and I don't want to spoil things because everything should be experienced as you're reading with this one. All I can say is, that Rhiannon went to a very dark place in this installment. Life has never been sunshine and rainbows for her, but now, it's even worse. There are a lot of changes and loss in this one. All of the characters surprised me. Especially Paine and Ethan (I still love you Ethan, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have some serious haters now). I was not expecting what went down in that mansion to go down like that. I know he made a vow, but I don't see how it could ever be possible.

Rhiannon and Gabriel. I am happy with the way that played out. Before reading the book, I was waffling on who she should be with. Now, I am completely behind the pairing that came out in this book. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted Rhiannon to forgive Gabriel for what he'd done, but he was willing to do complete penance. Like Rhiannon, I did not fully comprehend the trouble she brought to them all by leaving the way she did. And it was a crapload of trouble. Ethan's actions proved that. He told her some hard truths, but then he did something else that I'm still not quite sure how to feel about. I'll always love him, though.

In the end, several characters got what they deserved and a war is about to be on. I really hope there won't be any problems with Jaime releasing Edge of Darkness next year. I have got to see what happens next.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ripple Effect.

08/14/2012
3.0% "Goose! I've missed him."
08/14/2012
9.0% "Still not sure on how to feel about whether or not Rhiannon should give Disco another chance. Not much time has passed and it's not like she can just get over it."
08/14/2012
9.0% "Dark thoughts, Rhiannon."
08/14/2012
11.0% ""What can you tell me about the guy aside from he was big?" "He kills women in his spare time?""
08/14/2012
21.0% "This book is so tense already. I have no idea what might happen!"
08/14/2012
22.0% "There are two things against Rhiannon with Marius, huh? I wasn't expecting that."
08/14/2012
24.0% "There are so many ways for all of this to go horribly wrong."
08/14/2012
31.0% "Yep, that was me in a nutshell. When did Mike become the fucked-up people whisperer?"
08/14/2012
32.0% "Goose is crazy spooked."
08/14/2012
41.0% "These guys are sick!"
08/14/2012
43.0% "Aaaahhhh! Now there's this Bane guy mucking about!"
08/14/2012
49.0% "Rhiannon and that gosh bedamned amulet!"
08/14/2012
57.0% "Oh, that was so sweet and sexy. Had a feeling they would work it. Things are about to get scary, though."
08/15/2012
83.0% "I cannot believe J.A. took it there. This is so crazy."
08/15/2012
86.0% "Ouch Rhiannon!" 5 comments

Komal Great updates Mello! I wonder how the love triangle is gonna be resolved.

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru Thanks! Oh, you'll see... This one is the best of the series, seriously.

Komal I'm about half way through and the demon sire is on his way. I'm flipping out, it's all so intense!

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru Oh yeah, this one is serious with the intensity and darkness. J.A. Saare took it there and then some.

Komal Yes she did. That's what I love about her writing; it's no holds barred.