Lydia Presley's Reviews > Among the Mad

Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fiction, historic-fiction, mystery
Read in March, 2012

I'm not much of a mystery reader - I'll be the first to admit that, after reading mysteries for years, they become a bit predictable for me.

The exception to that, however, is a well-researched historical mystery, and Jacqueline Winspear offers this decadent, perfect combination of mystery, fantastic heroine, and historical accuracy that is hard to resist.

I've only read a few of the Maisie Dobbs stories (and oddly out of order, so don't let not having #1 stop you from reading them!) and they are really, really easy to get into and very hard to put down. I feel like I'm cheating on my homework every time I picked this book up - even though my homework was done! just because I was enjoying myself so thoroughly.

I really enjoyed the plot of Among the Mad. I'm reviewing this for a book tour, and took a chance and let the tour host pick my title for me, and I am thoroughly pleased with how that Russian Roulette turned out.

If you haven't experienced the Maisie Dobbs stories, I recommend you do so as soon as possible - even if you aren't a mystery lover. I think you'll find there's a little bit of everything for everyone in these books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Mad.