Julia's Reviews > Lord's Fall

Lord's Fall by Thea Harrison

Sep 15, 12

bookshelves: romance, urban, fiction, fantasy, dropbox
Read in April, 2013

Dipping back into the world of Dragos and Pia was just as funny, sexy, and fascinating as I could have hoped. Harrison interweaves magic, relationship challenges, and friendships to create a wonderfully rich and satisfying story. Both Wyr and Elven society are highlighted, and the realistic rivalries, grudges, and reconciliations give the characters a believable depth that. With so many layers to the interactions, Harrison keeps me guessing about future romances and rivalries.

The developing relationship between Pia an Dragos explores how they rub off on each other. Dragos is surprised by new emotional complications he'd never experienced before, and Pia gets in touch with her own autocratic side. I never expected the ending, which introduces a character I can't wait to read more about.

Add Quentin, a Pegasus, and even Aryal to our mystery guest, and there are plenty of characters I'm eager to see again. LORD'S FALL proves that Harrison's nuanced characters deserve encore appearances, too, and I'd live to see any of the happy couples back in the spotlight (with special emphasis on Pia, Carling, and Grace).

Full review to follow.

Sexual Content: Sex scenes.

Re-read #1 (4/2/2013): LORD'S FALL gained an extra star this time through, it was so much fun to finish DRAGON BOUND and be able to pick back up with Dragos and Pia again in book two. The action is readable if skippable, but the characters are just as wonderful the second time around. Eva's "baby talk" still annoys me, but I love watching she and Pia come together, as well as the introdcing Alex, Hugh, and other lovely individuals.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord's Fall.