Ronald Roseborough's Reviews > The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin: Two Short Novels from Crosstown to Oblivion

The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin by Walter Mosley

M_50x66
Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: imaginative-fiction, walter-mosley
Read in March, 2012

Walter Mosley is a very good story teller. I like him because he fires my imagination. He is rightly noted for his detective fiction featuring Easy Rawlins, but as shown in these two stories, he seems to know no boundaries. "On The Head Of A Pin" deals with the consequences of being able to see into the past and the future. The other story tells the tale of an attempt to lift man from the dregs of our society to the heights our souls were meant achieve. While both stories are very imaginative and well written, I definitely preferred the story,"On The Head Of A Pin",for it's imaginative theme combined with more believable characterizations. Mosley can take you from the heights of a mountain to the depths of your soul. He can help us count the the angels sitting on a pin or give our souls the gift of fire. Book provided for review by the well read folks at Amazon Vine and Tor publishing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin.