Imelda Mena's Reviews > By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead

By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters

F_50x66
Mar 08, 12

Read in March, 2012

The book "By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead" tells the story of a girl named Daelyn who has been bullied her whole life and wants to commit suicide. Since Daelyn was overweight growing up it made it easier for her peers to bully and exclude her. Seeing this as a challenge to making friends and fitting in at school Daelyn could not handle anymore and felt the need to kill herself. After several attempts of committing suicide and not succeeding Daelyn joined a website called "Through the Light". In this website she was able to post blogs about how she was abused and bullied throughout her life.
I liked this book because it helped me see through the eyes of someone who has been tormented all their life. It helped me also see how bullying effects people even after it doesn't happen as often. Bullying can take a lot of self esteem from people just like it did to Daelyn in the book. Even after Daelyn lost a lot of weight she still saw herself fat and ugly because she couldn't let go of the insults she was called. I also liked this book because it helps people see that bullying is a serious issue because it can even take someones life away.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has bullied someone in their life. This book can help raise awareness on how a person who is bullied feels and can help bully's stop misreading others. It helps you see that bullying should be an issue taken seriously because people will be greatly effected because they are being treated poorly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead.