Vallsykes's Reviews > Rock Chick Renegade

Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen Ashley

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: 4-5-stars, reckless-heroine, great-heroine, she-can-fight, interracial-gems
Read from March 08 to 10, 2012

Okay so I read out of order (1-3-5-4),have commented on my annoyance with the streams of consciousness and reasoning/1st person POV inside the "Rock Chick's" brain, and have mentally salivated on one or more of the Hot Bunch (LUKE!). So, after putzing around, I still maintain the female protagonists make me wanna clock them upside their heads most of time. Yet with Jules, in this book, I felt the urge to do so less than half the time and that's saying something. It means, I've finally connected with a Rock Chick. I get Jules "The Law" Lawler! Whew, finally.
Jules is protective of lost street kids, serious about kicking ass and wants to save the world, but she knows she can't do it all and is quick enough to own up to times when she is being an idiot. She still made some WTF! decisions, but still she is the best Rock Chick to me.

I loved her with Vance. They're the BEST couple in this series, by far. I liked that they were two family-less loners, who made each other their "home". Secondary characters worth mentioning are Roam and Hector. Luke also played a deliciously special part in this story too.

I'll schedule-in reading book #2 (Eddie and Jet) next week. LOL, so out of order.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Chick Renegade.

03/08/2012
03/10/2012
100.0% "Finally an RC book, I could appreciate."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Mar 30, 2012 07:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I've read you're reviews of all the Rock Chick books and I can tell I will feel the exact same about this series as you. These type of books really aren't the type of books I like. The heroines are TSTL for my taste (I'm having a hard time finishing book one!) Good thing I LOVED KA other series and read those books first.

Vallsykes Yeah, I venture into RC land spottedly. Like you, I love the other series enough to be such a KA fan and good thing I didn't read the RC series first(C, Mountain and 'Burg!!). What do you think about the Ghosts and Reincarnation series?

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I haven't read them yet. I hope they're good. They seem to be getting around 3/4 star averages. I think her strength is in the more mature stories, like the Dream Man, 'burg, and Colorado Mountain series. The Rock Chick's books won't appeal to the masses like those other series will. People either like slapstick humor OR they don't. Her other series reach a wider fanbase. That's why I think those books are the ones that are most popular. I do think she'll shine bright with her anti-hero books.