Shelley's Reviews > To Beguile a Beast

To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt

F_50x66
Mar 12, 12

Loved, loved, LOVED this book. It's not very often that I can close a book at the end and have a huge smile on my face, but for once this story had me doing it. The characters were warm and real and had you cheering and sighing (in a good way) for them the entire way thru. This book is by no means erotica, but it was smokin' nonetheless.

I also loved that in the end, Helen stayed true to herself and didn't just stay in their little arrangement out of convenience. Thank you, Elizabeth Hoyt for not taking the easy way out on the ending, and making it worth reading to the last pages. There is nothing more frustrating than taking a lot of time to read a fantastic book, then be left disappointed and unfulfilled by a rushed or just plain bad ending.

I also think that everybody needs a sister or friend just like Sophia who'll take and smack you upside the head just when you need it the most.

Another thing that really added to this book was the Truth Teller excerpts at the beginning of every chapter. It's a dear and charming little fairy tale and I had to force myself not to skip ahead thru the book to get that entire story before I read the rest of the book. Very beautifully done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Beguile a Beast.