Leah Hess's Reviews > Still Missing

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

Jul 22, 12

Read from July 04 to 09, 2012

From the very beginning, this book hooks you. Normally, when I listen to audiobooks, I need a music break every 2-3 hours. Not with this book: I couldn't even gas up without twitching at the realization I wasn't listening to it. The book was that addicting. This story is mostly a reflection. Annie O'Sullivan is recalling to her psychiatrist what happened to her in her year of abduction by a stranger. The storyline is fast-paced and intense; it easily hooks readers. As the novel progresses, the timing no longer becomes a reflection, but how Annie is coping after the fact and what she comes to find.

The closest relationship I can make to this book is Emma Donahue's Room (I'm not sure if I reviewed this on my blog, but I also listened to Room as an audiobook). It has some similar qualities and storyline, but is still unique in its storyline. But, before you run to the bookstore, Audible, or whatever, I do have to warn you that I hated the ending. In a sense, it ruined the book for me. I wasn't sure if Chevy Stevens created this ending to make it seem surprising, or if she was just getting lazy, or couldn't come up with a better idea. Either way, the ending was not my fav. Looking back, I would still read this book, even knowing the ending, but my rating likely would have been 5/5 with any other ending.

Bottom line? I recommend if you liked Room. Also, as an audiobook, the reader did a fabulous job.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Missing.

07/05/2012