Diane's Reviews > Chosen

Chosen by Denise Grover Swank

Mar 08, 2012

liked it
Read in March, 2012

I liked reading this book. Lots of action. Mostly likable characters. Good guys seem to be winning. Finished it in a little under two days.

However,I agree with the gist of Henry's comment. The end did not satisfy. According to my Kindle I was only at 90% when the story ended. What! 10% left to do what with?

There was an Acknowledgment section but after that there was a great big excerpt from Chosen #2 or whatever the name of the second part in this series was called. I didn't like that. To me a series of novels is not like a comic book - you just wait for next week for the rest of the story to come out. I find that I like a novel to end. It should stand alone if need be. It should not be a story chopped off because - well - I guess the author thought it was getting too long. Beats me.

I did give it three stars because it was a well-written and exciting story. Until it just petered out. The thing is I feel like the next book might do the same thing - just quit. With a teaser for part 3 occupying the final 8% or so. I'll pass.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen.