Carmel (Rabid Reads)'s Reviews > Seduced by Blood

4561998
Jul 19, 12

Read from June 08 to 12, 2012

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I really liked the structure of this book. London starts off slowly by first concentrating on building up the characters and their romance. This was one of the shortcomings of Tempted by Blood in my opinion, I had a hard time buying into the relationship because it was too much, too soon, too fast. I'm happy to report that Laurie London is back on track with this installment. Seduced by Blood is passionate, lively and well put together. This is my favourite book so far in the Sweetblood series!

The common theme throughout this novel was that things aren't always as they appear. Roxy seems to be a hippy teacher who's still in mourning over her dead husband and Santiago gives off a real tough guy, I don't care about anything or anyone vibe. As the story progresses, Laurie slowly reveals that there's more to these characters than meets the eye. Roxy and Santiago start off at complete odds; their attraction brings them together at first but as the facts start piling up they realize that what they have is more than just a passing fling. I really appreciated that London focuses just on them at the beginning of the book. The story won me over early on and I was even able to like Santiago who, as you know, comes across as a huge ass in the previous installments.

Another aspect that I enjoyed was how Roxy is the main butt kicker in this tale. Anyone who's read a Sweetblood book knows that the men in this series can hold their own in a fight so there was never a doubt in my mind over Santiago's alpha status. Roxanne was a different story. That was, up until the first few chapters when she single-handedly defeats a couple of Darkbloods, unarmed. Yeah. I was in awe of her from that point on. You know the saying: "those who can't do, teach?" It definitely doesn't apply to my girl Roxy! Not only that but London skillfully works this story in such a way that the strong female doesn't take away from Santiago's masculinity. I like that she was able to achieve a nice balance between her two main characters.

On top of telling a phenomenal love story, Seduced by Blood delivers a top notch plot as well. The story just keeps on giving; there's a mole in the Guardians, a kidnapped Sweetblood, a cold case murder investigation and a beloved character fighting for his life. You won't be able to put this one down until the end. It's one of those "I'll just read one more chapter before bed", then something crazy happens and you can't let go quite yet. Then one thing leads to another and before you know it you're on the last page!

Seduced by Blood has all of the key elements that I look for in a good Paranormal Romance book: off the charts chemistry, bone crunching action and a captivating story. You can't go wrong with this series; every installment seems to be better than the last.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by Blood.

06/11/2012 page 205
53.0% "Loving the romance between Roxy & Tristan!"
06/12/2012 page 303
79.0% "Just as I thought the book was winding down, the sh*t hits the fan!"
06/12/2012 page 384
100.0% "One of the best installment of the series!"