Anne's Reviews > Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip

Curveball by Jordan Sonnenblick

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, sports, washyarg-reviews, young-adult
Read in March, 2012

Peter is a talented pitcher and catcher for his baseball team. He loves baseball and is looking forward to trying out for the high school team with his best friend, AJ. Things don't go quite as planned, however, leaving Pete in turmoil. In addition, his beloved grandfather is starting to act oddly and he seems to be the only one in the family to notice. One bright spot in all of this is the amazingly cute and funny girl in his photography class who seems to like him, too.
The characterization in this story is spot on, especially the heart-warming, endearing grandfather. Enough sports to capture the attention of a sports enthusiast, with enough drama, action, and plot to engage just about any reader. Highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curveball.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Hi Anne! I'm doing an article on audiobooks for summer family roadtrips. I know his books are generally on the cleaner sidebut haven't read this one. Is there anything in here that would make a kid squirm hearing with their parents in the car or vice versa?

Anne It's clean, maybe a smooch or two if I remember correctly, but nothing mortifyingly embarrassing. Glad it's going on your list; I like this book a lot. It's gotten pretty good student reviews from the kids I've given it to as well.