Annalisa's Reviews > The Two Towers

Aug 02, 08

bookshelves: fantasy, classics, movies
Recommended to Annalisa by: Traci Gosman, Allison
Read in August, 2008

The story is finally getting exciting for me. Funny because this movie was my least favorite, but so far my favorite in the series. My one complaint about this book is the similarity in names between Saruman and Sauron. It wasn't until well into this book (and never in the movies) that I realized there were two distinct villains and I still had trouble keeping track of which one I was reading. I wish the characters had been given more differentiating names.

Some of my favorite scenes are the Orc chase, the discovery of the Ents, the battle at Helm's Deep, the return of Gandalf, Merry & Pippin's jovial guarding of Saruman, Gollum as Frodo's guide, meeting Faramir, and the creepy Shelob. Which if you didn't notice is the entire book. Maybe it's because the Fellowship split up and while I'm enjoying the adventures of each character in the back of my mind I wanted to know what danger the other ones encountered. The book had more action and less description than Fellowship of the Rings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Towers.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Megan RFA The movie was your least favorite because it was the one that differed most from the book. Trust me, it only gets better from here.

Matt My wife said of the 'The Lord of the Rings', "It took me two years to read 'Fellowship of the Rings', and two weeks to read the other two books."

Alot of women seem to experience the story in the same way, that it moves too slowly at first and becomes more engrossing as it goes.