Sherrie's Reviews > Come Home

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline

Mar 23, 12

bookshelves: advanced-copy-reads
Read from March 21 to 23, 2012

Come Home was my first Goodreads giveaways advanced read. I was excited about winning a copy of this book because I had been wanting to check out Lisa Scottline. Jill Farrow the main character in Come Home is asked by her stepdaughter Abby to look into Abby's father's sudden death. The police determine that William Skylar's death was a heart attack caused by mixing prescription drugs and alchohol,however, Abby is not convinced. Although Jill is no longer married to William she reluctantly agrees to look into his death as a favor to Abby. While this premise is intriguing to me the characters are one dimensional and underdeveloped. I would have liked to have read more background about William and Jill's relationship. The reader only gets a brief synopsis of how they met and what caused them to divorce.

Another issue I had with the book was the plot twists the author threw in to build suspense but then didn't fully explain them or flesh them out. Her daughter Megan had an issue with a boy that involved a text message but it didn't fit into the flow of the book and the way that Megan chooses to deal with the issue didn't seem to make sense.

The ending of the book left me trying to figure out what exactly happened. It seemed the author rushed to tie up the book and didn't fully explain all the details.

All in all the book wasn't horrible but I was somewhat disappointed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Home.

03/21/2012 page 100