Mari's Reviews > Bramble and Maggie: Horse Meets Girl

May 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: early-chapter-book-easier, horses, juvenile
Read in May, 2012

This is a perfect title for horse lovers who are just past beginning reader chapter books. A great addition to the "bridge book" crowd.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bramble and Maggie.

message 1: by Raina (new)

Raina This is the second book around this level I remember you reviewing lately, Mari. Are you reading along with your kids? Or booktalking them in schools? Or just increasing your own knowledge? I'm curious. :)

Mari Partially trying to create well rounded booktalk lists, partially increasing my knowledge. I had a request from one of the teachers at the girls' school that had me scrambling to read more bridge books. I like the idea of keeping a good record of these here so that I have an easier time when asked about early chapter books. As for my girls, they would HATE this one. They want action, action, action - wars, superheroes, etc. A little bit of gross humor is good, too.

message 3: by Raina (new)

Raina heehee. Not horse-obsessed, eh? :)

Cool! I've so far refrained from including any picture books on GR, as I have an Access-based database of my storytime picks that I developed before getting on GR. But I really appreciate your reviews!

Thanks!