JoAnne's Reviews > Cherry Cheesecake Murder

Cherry Cheesecake Murder by Joanne Fluke

F_50x66
Mar 08, 12

Read in March, 2012

Although I am only a quarter way through the book, I am not sure I will finish it. I have to say that the writer obviously either got lazy with this book or just tired of writing the series, because it is not on the same level as the previous ones. That said, At the end of the last book, Hannah was proposed to by both of her suitors. The way she was acting, I fully expected her to accept Mike's proposal, since she apparently has been head-over-ears about this guy since the first book. I must say that I was always confused at the idea that even though Mike (cop) was supposedly in love with her, he saw no problem with her dating Norman (dentist) at the same time. In real life? Not feasible. BUT, since they were, and the author chose to write it this way, I was enjoying the series, so I just went with it. UNTIL this book. At the beginning of the book (so I am not truly giving anything away), both men are sitting in a cafe together and she confronts them both, tells them she doesn't want to marry either of them but still wants to date both of them, and they're like 'Hey! That's cool! We have no problem with that!" Huh? Are you serious? BOTH men sitting together, she rejects them both, and they accept it? Let's do a real scenario: She rejects them both, and without a word, they glare at each other and storm off in different directions. THAT would probably be the way it would go. (I hope the author reads this review and figures it out).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cherry Cheesecake Murder.