elaynne's Reviews > An Echo in the Bone

Read from March 24 to April 05, 2012, read count: 1

Downloaded from Audible.com
Narrated by Davina Porter

Hmmm.

I'm not quite sure what to say about this book.

It bounced a lot between the late 1700's, the early 1980s and between focus characters (Jamie/Claire, Brianna/Roger, William, Lord John and Ian - and early in the book, Fergus et al) and the closest any of them get to "wrapping up" was the storyline involving Ian. Apparently, the next book of this series will not be released until sometime in 2013 so we'll see if I bother revisiting the series. I may not even remember by then.

I do, however, like the series and its meanderings around both pure fiction and actual historical events. And I have, in fact, recommended it to a friend who has a long commute to/from work because the unabridged audio versions are quite long and will keep her company on the road for many hours.

I've always wanted to be able to time-travel. And while my dad had quite a bit of Scotch/Irish in him, I doubt I have enough to hear the stones sing and know, for a fact, that gem stones don't feel warm to my touch, nor emit any noise. ;)

I do want to give a nod toward Davina Porter as I found her to be quite a good narrator, only having "issues" when trying to use an American accent, esp one that is supposed to originate around modern day (late 70s-early 80s) Boston.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in the Bone.