Donna Weaver's Reviews > A Woman's Power: Threads that Bind Us to God

A Woman's Power by Fay A. Klingler

Mar 08, 12

Book Description:
For any woman who's ever felt like she's hanging on by a single thread, this inspiring book reveals the truth: you're surrounded by threads of strength and power that can bring you safety, peace, and lasting happiness. All you have to do is grab hold of them. Uplifting and empowering, this book offers women everywhere a message of hope.

I don't read a lot of nonfiction. It's not that I don't enjoy it; I do. Fiction just tends to have a stronger pull for me.

But I appreciate being inspired by the struggles of real live people--especially women. Fay shares the stories of several as she takes the reader through the chapters, each of which is a tool women can use to help them get through the rough spots of life--and several of them are her own trials and tribulations. I found myself uplifted and encouraged while reading this book.

I tend to collect inspirational quotes, so I thought I'd share a couple from the book.

People who see mistakes as opportunities for learning can keep going as challenges appear.

Our identity--who and what we are, the foundation we work from in making decisions and facing life--must not be based on any title or season in life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Woman's Power.