Kya Aliana's Reviews > Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume

Mar 08, 12

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing is perhaps Judy Blume's most memorable book of my childhood. This was the first Judy Blume book I read, and it certainly wasn't/isn't my last. This book hooked me to Judy Blume's clever writing style that speaks so well to kids of all ages. Judy Blume is a brilliant writer, she speaks in a way that kids listen, parents understand, and therefore allows the relationship between them to become stronger and more connected. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing focuses in on family life, younger siblings, and friends... all about relationships and how to deal with them. She also covers the very crazy, fun, weird, and embarrassing things that tend to happen in all households in one way or another. Her books helped me, and still are helping me, to feel more comfortable with myself, my actions, my friends, family, and siblings. I don't always have to feel embarrassed when my little brother says something gross or loud in public... this book helped me to realize that. It's funny, gripping, touching, and speaks to a large audience.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.