Shera (Book Whispers)'s Reviews > Kate's Crew

Mar 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: erotica-menage-amour, ebook, 2010
Read from March 10 to 11, 2016 , read count: 2

Last year I decided to start visiting some of the stories that inducted me into the erotica genres. The ones that made me change my mind about the genre, or the ones that were my first. Kate's Crew was my first M/M, and well M/M/M/F/M/M. Well basically orgy read! Up until that point I had read some threesome books. A Goodreads friend informed me that I was a ménage amour reader and I should check out the Powertools series.

Boy was that an introduction. Because Kate's Crew has so much hot stuff going on. My mind kept blowing up! As maybe one of my 3rd or 4th eroticas at the time I was scandalized. And hooked.

Years later visiting Kate's Crew it still does have some of the hottest (AKA raunchy) erotica ménage scenes I've read. However, it's very character light. It doesn't paint what the characters look like, though you can get a slight general feel for their personalities. Heck, even by the end of the book I wasn't sure what the leads name was. One of the guys has a scary big dick, and they're all really muscular men. I think some hair color was tossed around.

Overall it's underwhelming. But I remember being so attached to the characters, and I think it's because the later books finally develop them. Which I will be very curious to find out as I continue my reread. There's some grammar errors, some odd wording, and I will admit one or two sexual descriptions that made me cringe. However, it's still one of the hottest ménages I have ever read.

Sexual Content: Warning! Warning! Totally graphic. Men on men action and 5 men one woman action.

3/5- Adored it, just a few minor details held it back.

Originally reviewed at Book Whispers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kate's Crew.

03/10/2016 marked as: read
03/10/2016 marked as: currently-reading
03/11/2016 page 54
100.0% "Still one of the hottest ménages I have ever read. Fans self!"
03/11/2016 marked as: read
03/11/2016 marked as: currently-reading
03/11/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Leea (new)

Leea I'm sorry 'powertools' lol! You're going to have to keep me posted on how this one plays out. ha ha!

Shera (Book Whispers) I"m done with all but one of them. Yeah, Powertools, it was . . .

the books were pretty hot. Though I don't think m/m is my think. I like it because it was menage, but I think I like more story with it.

Sophie Oak is still my fave.