Kayla Guyette's Reviews > The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion

The Hunger Games by Kate Egan

Mar 08, 12

Read on March 07, 2012, read count: 1

After finishing The Hunger Games, I found myself wanting more. I’m holding off on reading the second book in the trilogy so I can keep the first book fresh in my mind come movie time. I figured the Official Illustrated Movie Companion would be a great way to quench my thirst for more Hunger Games but was a little disappointed.

The movie companion does shine light on the fashions of Capitol, the casting and the making of the movie. I learned some interesting fact tidbits from the companion including all the training the cast had to go through. The illustrations were nice too, though most of them I had seen as officially released photos or from the trailer. I was really hoping there would be more of a breakdown of the other tributes besides Katniss and Peeta. I would have liked to of known more about the other tributes, though I would have been happy with just a page showing pictures of all the tributes, their names and districts. I did find out that there is a guide to the tributes so I’ll have to check that out.

Overall The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion is a good refresher for those who haven’t read the first book in awhile but also good for those just getting into the series, like myself, who want more of The Hunger Games. While it is interesting and fun to read, I did find it to be a bit lacking. I did find out that there is a guide book for the tributes, but I would think for a movie companion they’d touch upon all aspects of the movie. While a few tributes are touched upon in the companion I found it to be overall lacking in detail of the others.

Rating: 7/10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Desirai Don't buy the Tribute Guide! It was a total waste! They tell you what district they are from, what their weapon is, and their height. That's about it. The rest is just a recap of The Hunger Games story. Nothing new.

Kayla Guyette Thanks for the heads up!