Isamlq's Reviews > Forgiven

Forgiven by Jana Oliver

Mar 12, 12

Read from March 08 to 09, 2012

This series just keeps getting better and better.

The first one, I wasn’t so impressed with. From its maybe love triangle to the annoying way they all talked, let me just say that it I wasn’t buying it. Book two was much better with it being less on the Backwoods Boy and the Princess thing and a little more on them as individuals. And separately, what they had going all read just a little more interesting. It became less a teen romance and more an action adventure with the demon trapper girl trying to figure out what her place was and who was “true” around her. But this third one is even better than the last! (Well, at least it was before that ending.) In this one she realizes some things, then he realizes some things as well… but just when I thought all would be well… *blam* there was that ending.

So I’m torn. This was heavy on action what with all the Hunters and Trappers then Demons, Fallen and Summoners as well as her daddy being a zombie having all been thrown in. But it wasn’t all that. In this one, the girl actually sounds like she’s thinking instead of whining about how messed up her life and her relationships had gotten. As said, realizations were made and her behavior, as a consequence, was more measured and less explosively emotional (i.e. less walking out and more consideration.)You could a say that I like her a little more in this one. Just as I feel with Beck, again, at least before that ending.

I look forward to the next one. (There has to be a next one because things can’t be left just as they are right now!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgiven.