Saly's Reviews > Redemption of a Hollywood Starlet

Redemption of a Hollywood Starlet by Kimberly Lang

3192922
The truth is except for a Suzanne Brockmann & Julie James Hollywood books haven't worked much for me, because I don't like them much, sadly this one didn't work that well for me because at the end I had a hard time buying the HEA and I felt these two hadn't really resolved their issues and needed individual therapy to deal with the effect their respective parents had had on them.

Three years ago these two were involved and both came from common backgrounds, royalty in their own right and that made them explosive, the media made a big thing of it & the heroine left to go to London and figure things out, now she is back and working in the hero's film. He isn't happy to see her back because she left without a word and now seems to be trying to be a different person.

Even when they talk she tries to ignore him. She blames him for her crash & burn and how media made them a big deal, as if she was totally out of control. Honestly, I never felt the hero had any emotional depth, words seemed to roll off him and even at the end of the book I never felt he dealt with his implied father issues and after acting so weirdly with each other, he says the three magic words and she is okay with dealing all the attention media will lavish on them, the rumors and speculation when earlier she shouted on him, for just taking the easy way out and leaving her to deal with all the gossip.

Honestly, I found her unreasonable as well, you started sleeping with him again, knowing if you were caught, it would become a big thing and when that happens you blame him. Either learn to stay away from him or be ready to deal with the consequences and if you didn't want to deal with the press why be an actress?

And I was never sure what they had was love, lust maybe.

I liked the epilogue though I am not satisfied how issues dangled weren't dealt with.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption of a Hollywood Starlet.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kate I think it was one of the best epilogues I've read.

Saly Kate wrote: "I think it was one of the best epilogues I've read."

Yeah, Kate the book was pretty awesome deep for a HP.