Beatrice's Reviews > Lover Unbound

Mar 13, 2012

bookshelves: 4-stars, bdb, jr-ward, paranormal-romance, reviewed
Read from March 09 to 12, 2012

4 stars

I started out this book thinking I would hate it. However, I'm pretty surprised to say I liked it a lot.

V and Jane are never going to be my favorites in the seires, but their story was sweet and I enjoyed it. I particularly appreciated the lack of lessers' POVs in there - they are quite disturbing, even when necessary.

The ending was not as bad as I expected. I read a lot of reviews agreeing it sucked, but I disagree. It didn't feel forced, and I even started to like the Scribe Virgin a little - which I would have never suspected.

The most important developement in the book regarded the characters, as Lover Unbound was less incentered on the love story and more on their psyche.
We get to know Vishous better (and I found myself liking him against all bets), obviously, but also the Scribe Virgin (who I disliked way less by the end of this book). (view spoiler)
And... I absolutely love Qhuinn and Blay!!!

You may ask: if I enjoyed it so much, then why did Lover Unbound get only 4 stars from me? (That is the lowest rating in the series I've given so far)
It highly depended on the start. It was kind of slow, and I had to work to get interested in Jane and V at first. After the first chapters that was SO not an issue, but initially...

FINAL JUDGEMENT
This book was pivotal in the series, and even if it's never going to be my favorite, I still recommend it to all BDB lovers out there.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unbound.

Quotes Beatrice Liked

J.R. Ward
“You so need to lighten up about that potato-launcher incident," Butch said.
Phury rolled his eyes and eased back in the banquette. "You broke my window."
"Of course we did. V and I were aiming for it."
"Twice."
"Thus proving that he and I are outstanding marksmen.”

J.R. Ward
“There aren't any syringes." Red Sox came over and held a sterile pack out. When she tried to take it from him, he kept a grip on the thing. "I know you'll use this wisely."
"Wisely?" She snapped the syringe out of his hand. "No, I'm going to poke him in the eye with it. Because that's what they trained me to do in medical school.”

“Take off your coat."
"Excuse me?"
"Take it off."
"No."
"I want it off."
"Then I suggest you hold your breath. Won't affect me in the slightest, but at least the suffocation will help pass the time for you. [Vishous to Jane]”

J.R. Ward
“Terrific. A bisexual dominant vampire with kidnapping expertise.”

J.R. Ward
“They’d just left when Zsadist came in at a dead run. “Shit, shit, shit…”
What’s doing, my brother?”
“I’m teaching and I’m late.”
Zsadist grabbed a sleeve of bagels, a turkey leg out of the refridge and a quart of ice cream from the freezer. “Shit.”
“That’s your breakfast?”
“Shut up. It’s almost a turkey sandwich.”

08/11/2016 marked as: read